Woodstock Musical Theatre Company announces open auditions for the musical “The Addams Family”
Auditions are Sunday, July 30, and Monday, July 31, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Woodstock Opera House, 221 Van Buren Street, Woodstock IL. Enter at the Dean Street side entrance.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Please wear clothes and shoes you can move in and prepare a song.
- An accompanist will be provided – please bring sheet music.
- You will also learn a dance routine, and read portions of the script with other actors.
SAVE TIME! DOWNLOAD YOUR AUDITION FORM FROM OUR WEBSITE. FILL OUT BEFORE YOU COME TO AUDITIONS. www.woodstocktheatre.org
Performance dates: October 6, 7, 8; 13, 14, 15; and 20, 21, 22; 2017. Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m.; and Sundays at 2:00 p.m. Nine shows total.
Rehearsals will be in Woodstock at a local church or SARA (Storage and Rehearsal Area), 3 to 4 evenings a week. Actors are scheduled only for the days they are needed to make best use of our time. Please note all date conflicts when you fill out your audition form. Show conflicts are NOT negotiable. This is a non-Equity, non-paying production. Strong performers of all ethnicities are encouraged to audition. You must be at least 14 years of age to audition.
WMTC provides costumes, each cast member is responsible for their own shoes and makeup. Cast members must pay a $10.00 fee for their script and vocal score, which they can keep.
Artistic Director Shannon Lee Day and Choreographer Billy Seger, require an ensemble cast of 20-22. Strong singers and dancers needed for the ensemble.
In the kooky, upside-down world of the Addams Family, to be sad is to be happy, to feel pain is to feel joy, and death and suffering are the stuff of their dreams.
Nonetheless, this quirky family still has to deal with many of the same challenges faced by any other family, and the spookiest nightmare faced by every family creates the focus of Lippa, Brickman, and Elice’s musical: the Addams kids are growing up.
The Addamses have lived by their unique values for hundreds of years and Gomez and Morticia, the patriarch and matriarch of the clan, would be only too happy to continue living that way. Their dark, macabre, beloved daughter Wednesday, however, is now an eighteen year-old young woman who is ready for a life of her own. She has fallen in love with Lucas Beineke, a sweet, smart boy from a normal, respectable Ohio family — the most un-Addams sounding person one could be! And to make matters worse, she has invited the Beinekes to their home for dinner.
In one fateful, hilarious night, secrets are disclosed, relationships are tested, and the Addams family must face up to the one horrible thing they’ve managed to avoid for generations: change.
Roles in the Production:
• Gomez Addams – Adult Male – Baritone, Bass – Husband of Morticia and Father to Wednesday and Pugsley.
• Morticia Addams – Adult Female – Mezzo Soprano, Alto – Wife of Gomez and Mother to Wednesday and Pugsley.
• Mal Beineke – Adult Male – Tenor – Husband of Alice and Father to Lucas.
• Alice Beineke – Adult Female – Soprano – Wife of Mal and Mother to Lucas.
• Uncle Fester – Adult Male – Tenor, Baritone – Fester Addams is Gomez’s brother and Wednesday and Pugsley’s uncle.
• Wednesday Addams – Young Adult Female stage age 18-19 – Soprano, Mezzo Soprano – Daughter of Gomez and Morticia and Sister to Pugsley, Engaged to Lucas.
• Pugsley Addams – Young Teen, stage age 13-14 – Tenor – Son of Gomez and Morticia and Brother to Wednesday.
• Lucas Beineke – Young Adult Male, stage age 18-19 – Tenor, Baritone – Son of Mal and Alice, Engaged to Wednesday.
• Grandma – Adult Female – Soprano – She showed up at the mansion one day and no one knows where she came from.
• Lurch – Adult Male – Bass – Butler for the Addams Family, “A Huge, Hulking Man”
• 10 or 12 Addams Ancestors – Young Adult, Adult, Mature Adult – Either Male or Female – Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass – Singing and Dancing Ensemble
For further information, please contact: Shannon Lee Day firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Production Coordinator: Kathie Comella email@example.com
Thanks, and Break a Leg!
Woodstock Musical Theatre Company